The Equipment Manufacturing Center aims to provide globally competitive Agro-Industrial Machineries, Equipment, Pats and Service that would improve the quality of living of stakeholders/end-users. The center, in partnership with private institutions, has established the Equipment Manufacturing Cluster in Region 2 to foster fabrication and inventiveness in the region. The University made an agreement with the Department of Science and Technology for the implementation of the project titled “Upgrading, Pilot Testing, and Commercialization of the Developed Malunggay Leaves and Turmeric Post-Harvest Processing Machines by the Equipment Manufacturing Center (EMC). The DOST provides support and assistance to the university on EMC-2 that adopted the unique strategy from MIRDC to improve productivity and competitiveness of MSMEs in the Metals and Engineering in the region called CREAMM (Clustering of Regional Enterprises for Agro-industrial Machinery and Parts Manufacturing).
A world-class manufacturer and supplier of Agro-Industrial Machineries, Equipment-Parts and Components.
Provide globally competitive Agro-Industrial Machineries, Equipment, Pats and Service that would improve the quality of living of stakeholders/end-users.
- Capture substantial market share and earn beneficial return.
- Upgrade and develop competencies of work force to ensure efficient and effective delivery of service.
- To complement the government Argo-Industrialization Program.
- EMC was institutionalized in 2017 through a board resolution approved in 2016.
- 2017 and 2018 no budget allocated to the center despite of each approval to received 500 thousand pesos per year to be qualified as a center.
- Activities of the center were sustained through the externally funded research.
- Activities of the center were sustained through the externally funded research
- Serves as research and development center for metals, engineering and machinery related researches.
- Serves as fabrication center for prototype machines developed by EMC members, researchers, faculty members, students, and other stakeholders.
- Place for conducting engineering and metals-related trainings/seminars.
- Serves as fabricator/supplier of agro-industrial machines and machine parts that are not available in the market.
|No. of Ongoing Researches
|No. of Completed researches
|No of Publications (ISI, Scopus)
|No of Approved Patents
|No of Linkages/MOA established
|No of technologies adopted/commercialized
|No of faculty involved
|Total amount generated from external sources