A world class center of excellence on freshwater aquaculture for research, development and demonstration by spanning Interdisciplinary Research Programmes (IRP’s) in Aquaculture.
Serve as catalyst for development and social change to improve the quality of living of stakeholders and other users by promoting and pursuing research, training and advocacy.
To be a leading research institute for innovative freshwater aquaculture technology.
Number of On-going research funded by GAA, Fund 164 and Externally funded
Number of Completed Researches
Number of Publications
Number of Approved Patents
Number of Linkages/ MOA established (international and local)
Number of List of Technologies Adopted and Commercialized
Percent of Faculty Conducting Research
Total Amount Generated from External Sources
- Survey of Antimicrobial Use (AMU) in Milkfish
- Fish Kill Mitigation Measures for Cage Aquaculture Systems in Buhi Lake and Magat Reservoir
- Rearing Performance of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Fed Diet With Different Levels of Raw and Fermented Azolla (Azolla filiculoides), Duckweed (Lemna minor) or Water Spinach (Ipomoea aquatica)
- Dietary Effect of Various Antioxidants on Growth, Survival, Antioxidant Capacity, Immune Response of Pacific White Shrimp (Litopeneaus vannamei) following hypoxia stress. Piscicidal effects of Castor Bean Ricinus communis fruit extracts against Asian swamp eel Monopterus albus
- Productivity and water quality of Nile tilapia Oreochromis sp. / Freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii – Lettuce Lactuca sativa raft-aquaponic system of varying fish sizes
|Project Title||Total Budget||Current Budget|
|1. Conservation and artificial spawning of “Ludong” Lobed River Mullet Cestreaus plicatilis||10,345,195.00||6,791,528.80|
|2. Utilization of Aquatic Plants as Immunostimulant for Fresh Water Eel Culture||7,654,805.00||1,583,212.80|