Adoption of the IRR of the Ra. 9710, Ra 7192 and PCW Memorandum Circular No.2021-04 for the Construction Projects and Information Communication Technology Infrastructure Projects in Isabela State University
OFFICE ORDER | September 1, 2021
Relative to the Adoption of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Republic Act No. 9710 or the Magna Carta of Women (MCW), RA 7192 known as the Women in Development and Nation Building Act, PCW Memorandum Circular No. 2021-04 Section 1.2.2 GAD Budget Costing and Attribution, specifically on its Section 18.104.22.168, which states that under Section 36(a) of the MCW, the GAD Budget which is the cost of implementing GAD Programs, activities and projects (PAPs), shall be at least five percent (5%) of the agency’s total budget appropriations. As such, GPBs that do not meet the minimum 5% requirement shall not be endorsed by PCW. In addition, the circular strongly advised the agencies to use the tool for budget attribution found in Section 22.214.171.124 which is the Budget Attribution Using Harmonized Gender and Development Guidelines (HGDG).
As such the office of the Vice President, Planning, MIS, External Linkages, Public Relations and Resource Generation Management is hereby directed to observe the following guidelines and ensure the inclusion of funds when undergoing Construction Projects and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Infrastructure projects.
- Consider in the design and construction of the following gender responsive initiatives;
- impact of the construction in the involuntary resettlement and women’s workload;
- provision of cultural /religious facilities e.g., prayer room, foot bath area; lactating room, and child-minding facilities; and,
- provision of support facilities for marginalized sector and Persons with Limited and Restricted Mobility (PLRM) (person with special needs physically and mentally, pregnant women, senior citizen, lactating mother and children), such as but not limited to digitally printout braille signages, and plastic signs with tactile letter;
- Require secure and safe areas in construction camp; and
- Establish temporary facilities to ensure sanitation in the construction sites such as, health unit, visitor’s area, potable water system and portable toilets.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS
- Require end-user’s assessment on their ICT utilization capability before the design of any application on information system;
- Consider tactile writing systems on people with visual impairment, deaf blind, blind, with low visual, and with significant hearing loss (smart phone, tablets, screen readers and braille display); and
- Provision of ergonomic equipment to avoid risks or injuries and promote safety and healthy computer working environment.
View Full Text of the Document: Policy Directive for Inclusive Spaces, Infrastructure, and IT Access for Isabela State University