Adherence of all Offices to the Provisions of RA 7277 (Magna Carta for Disabled Persons) and for Other Purposes, and RA 9710 (Magna Carta for Women)
Office Order no. 18 s. 2022
The Isabela State University is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for all students, employees, and other stakeholders regardless of their ethnicity, gender, social status, or disability, in accordance with RA 7277 Magna Carta for Disabled Persons and for Other Purposes, and RA 9710 Magna Carta of Women.
This office order reiterates and elaborates the provisions specified in the student’s manual Appendix N (Anti-Violence Against Women and Children Act) and Appendix O (An Act Amending RA 7277, Known as the “Disabled Persons and for Other Purposes Students”, and Admin Manual Chapter I and II (Recruitment, Section 4.1).
All university personnel involved in hiring faculty and staff and the admission of students are hereby directed to comply with the provisions of RA 7277 and RA 9710 in ensuring that all individuals have equal opportunity to participate in the university’s programs and activities.
Specifically, the following must be observed:
- All job postings must clearly state that the university is an equal opportunity employer and that all individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of ethnicity, gender, social status, or disability.
- The application process must be accessible to all individuals.
- Applicants with disabilities should be given reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
- The university must not discriminate against qualified applicants based on ethnicity, gender, social status, or disability.
Admission of students:
- The university must admit qualified students to all programs and activities offered by the university, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, social status, or disability.
- The university must provide reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities to ensure that they have equal access to all educational opportunities and services.
Access Full Text of the Document: Enhanced Directive on Inclusivity and Tracking Measures for the Equal Access of the Underrepresented