An offshoot of a DOE-assisted project, AREC was conceptualized to provide renewable energy resource options for far-flung communities.
- Micro-hydroelectric system
- Solar energy
- Wind mill
Affiliated Renewable Energy Center serves as the extension arm of the DOE in the promotion, implementation and commercialization of renewable/nonconventional energy systems in Region 02.
The following have been the significant outputs of AREC:
- Conducted monitoring and evaluation on the technical and social aspect of the Barangay Electrification Program (BEP)/ Household Electrification Program (HEP) project
- Strengthened the Barangay Power Association (BAPA)/Solar Power Association (SOPA) Sustainable Operation and Management of the BEP/HEP project
- Conducted Renewable Energy Systems inventory in Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, and Cagayan
- Conducted training and awareness campaign in Students from the College of Engineering, College of Agriculture, College of Veterinary Medicine, and
- College of Business Accountancy and Public Administration, College of Teacher Education, College of Arts and Sciences and Institute of Information and Communication Technology of Isabela state University, Echague, Isabela.
- Conducted R & D on emerging Renewable Energy technologies
- Extended technical assistance for renewable energy users/clientele
- Provided technical assistance on the repair of biogas systems and PV-BCS
- Visited potential sites for the installation of biogas system in Brgy. Mabini and Brgy. Salvacion, Santiago City;
- Prepared plan/cost estimate for the construction of biogas system;
- Participated in the activities of the Department of Energy