Page 1 of 8
Welcome to College of Business Accountancy and Public Administration
The University charter was laid down by two (2) Presidential Decrees (PD). In PD 1434, President Ferdinand E. Marcos created the Isabela State University (ISU), the first in Region 02, on June 10, 1978 by merging the Cagayan Valley Institute of Technology (CVIT) at Cabagan, the Isabela School of Arts and Trades (ISAT) in Ilagan, Roxas Memorial Agricultural and Industrial School (RMAIS) in Roxas and San Mateo Vocational and Industrial School (SMVIS) in San Mateo. The Campus at Echague was identified as then seat of University Administration.
This merger mandated the University to establish an “effective and efficient Institution of Higher Learning” to serve as instrument for the rapid development of the natural and manpower resources of the region particularly Isabela “that will provide better service in the professional and technical training in the arts, sciences, humanities, and technology and in the conduct of scientific research and technological studies.”
PD 1437 complemented PD 1434 by defining the composition, powers and functions of the governing board, which was recently revised by RA 8292, Higher Education Modernization Act of 1997.
In the mid 80’s, the University undertook a major but difficult reorganization process. Following a flagship concept as mandated by the Educational Act of 1982 (Batas Pambansa Blg 232) to effect quality, efficiency and effectiveness in the Philippine Educational Systems, the University identified its various program centers especially located in the three major campuses, closing down in the process replicated courses and duplicating colleges. A good number of its human resources became displaced until newer programs were opened in 1989 one of which is the Provincial Technical Institute of Agriculture in Cabagan, Isabela.
- Next >>